Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Conversation with Avery & Thomas

So, I was talking on the phone with my dad the other day when I walked up to my friend's house, so I lingered outside to finish things up. Her 4-year old and her 2-year old were outside and happily greeted me and Evan. As I thought about my conversation later I had to laugh at how the conversation must have sounded from his end.



Me talking to my dad

Avery: (pointing to Evan) "Is she a girl or a boy?"

Me: "She's a girl" (me noticing that Evan was wearing a pink onesie with a butterfly on the front).

Me still talking to my dad and looking down to see Thomas thumping Evan on the head, suprisingly Evan is laughing.

Me: "Oh no, don't thump her on the head!" (said in a very kind tone)

Continuing to talk to my dad and looking down to see Thomas walking towards Evan with a handful of dirt and a very suspicious looking face

Me: "OH NO! Uh, don't rub dirt on her!" (Again, said very cheerfully).

Finally my dad: "I think I better let you go."

4 comments:

emH said...

Have you ever noticed that all my conversations are like that? Multi-tasking takes on a whole new level.

Ambrosia said...

ROFL!! I could just hear your voice as I read that. That would sound pretty funny.

David said...

This has happened a lot to me as well where it sounds worse than it really is. I miss you guys a lot. Check out my blog (www.stewfam-stewarts.blogspot.com)

Ambrosia said...

Hello, My Shawn! Give me an update of your life. I was sitting in RS today completely missing you. Tell me how you are doing and what you are up to. ((HUGS))