Monday, September 13, 2010

Prioritizing



So? What do I say after such a long silence? Hmmmm, anybody out there? :)

I have been waiting for the perfect moment to post perfect blogs of our perfect life. Alas, there have been no posts for nearly 6 months now. Oh well...

I was again reminded yesterday (by the lovely sister Julie Beck) that life is happening all around us, at all times, even when we are sitting in front of a computer screen. She said (I'm paraphrasing) "we have a need for prioritizing and precision, more than perfection, to align ourselves with the Lord. We can have full confidence in His promises when we align ourselves with Him." I love that...and I know it is true. In fact, I'm feeling a bit choked up just thinking about how eager our Heavenly Father is to bless us.

So, I actually have been very busy living for the last few months and just savoring life as it happens, without time to blog. If my silence has caused alarm, don't be worried, things have been good. Really good. I feel like I have been in a happy dreamland...almost like a sugar-shock after a cake-fest, but instead life has been the treat. Who doesn't just want to take a nap after "too much" of a good thing? (Lest you be jealous, there were parts of my dreamy summer that also felt like those dreams where you can't quite run fast enough no matter how hard you try!)

There are amazing women out there who can do it all...but, I'm not one of them (sigh). So, the blog has fallen a bit by the wayside. Thanks for allowing me a break (it was a good one).

I'll post some pics of our summer adventures shortly. But because of the difficulties of arranging so many pics, they will be in separate posts.


No comments: