Monday, May 12, 2008

Life is...a blur!

Wow, until I saw Tisha's prompt for a new post I hadn't realized it has been a whole month since I last wrote. Life is a blur, but hopefully you can tell, it is a happy one! Alot has been going on as you can imagine, so here is a brief update:

Evan- Has had a lot of firsts: bike ride, sunburn (it didn't occur to me that I needed to put sunblock on her, yeah "mom of the year!"), night away from mommy and daddy, purposeful smile.















Shawn-has started running again. My mind and surprisingly my heart and muscles have been in decent shape, but my ligaments not so much with all that relaxin still in my body. The first night away from Evie wasn't so bad. She is cute, but her daddy is pretty cute too. :) Celebrated my 30th birthday. Andy really surprised me this year with all kinds of goodies: a new mountain bike, surprise dinner with friends, some spa treatments for mother's day. What a guy!



Andy-is probably really looking forward to me going back to work in two weeks. Don't feel too sorry for him though, he is having alot of fun. He is playing softball, biking, shooting terrorists and hiring out his chores. Again, what a guy! :)


But Tisha didn't ask for an update on what we've been doing, she asked for what I am thinking. Hmmm, well, Tisha you know I will be visiting you soon and will give you TMI, but truthfully things are really good for the Howells. We're all really happy. Settling into a routine and a new life is kind of interesting and very tiring, but I think we've made the shift well. After all of the years of trying, I have to say, that Evie could not have come at a better time for me or Andy.

It is an interesting thing to have any birthday, but your 30th gives cause for evaluation and retrospection. I can say this wasn't too bad of a birthday. In fact, I wasn't sad at all. There was no reason to be sad because I feel like I've got a good life. I've got an amazing husband, a sweet little baby, we have good jobs, a nice house and great friends. Lest I sound like a braggart, let me add, we've got plenty of things and people to worry about, aches and pains, and unmet wishes. However, I think as we hone our ability to focus on what is truly important we are happier. Could I have a bigger house, nicer car, sexier body? Well, I don't know about the body...aren't stretch marks like racers' stripes? :) Hopefully you get what I'm saying. There will always be room for improvement, but I feel pretty dang happy right now. I feel excited about the challenges that lie ahead. And I have to say with complete confidence that the Lord will provide. Maybe I will write more about that in another post, but I know He will. I feel complete peace and confidence in that. I hope everyone reading this post is having peace and happiness in their lives despite heartaches and disappointments. I went to Womens' conference two weeks ago and one of the speakers at the beginning of her talk, I believe completely unplanned said, "I know the Lord loves you and is concerned about the things you are concerned about." I know that is true. Here are some pictures to just make you stupid happy:

2 comments:

Emily W said...

Thanks for the update Shawn. I love the family picture in the sidebar. I love that you are biking with Evan. Here is a post to see Prairie in her first bike ride when she is like 6 weeks old.

http://hoodedcow.blogspot.com/2006/06/back-to-biking.html

emH said...

I'm glad your husband is such a stud. Its inspired my husband. Guess what I got for mothers day (: We'll all have to go biking when we come down. Happy Mother's Day, bwt. I'm so glad the role, the new schedule, everything fits.