Friday, April 11, 2008

Never Say Never


All of the things I said I would never do:

1. Let my baby sleep in my bed
2. Buy Burt's Bees baby products (too expensive)
3. Impose my baby's pictures on other people
4. Become a germ-a-phobe
5. Declare that my child is the cutest ever
6. Buy anything pink (and actually like it)
7. Baby talk
8. Call myself "mama" or Andy "daddy"
9. Let the cats get too close to the baby (see below, don't worry they don't like her, just the sun)
9. (for Andy) Admit that everyone was right when they said, "it will be different with your own kid; you might not like other people's kids, but you'll like yours."


The list could go on, but I will stop, lest y'all think I am a jerk. Kids do sort of turn your world upside down, or maybe it is right-side up.

I am happy to say that Evan has moved out of our bed, that only lasted about a week and I decided that I needed some sleep. She is now snoozing happily in her laundry basket turned bassinet (thanks, Rian).


Andy is an awesome dad. I'm not just saying that, in fact, he has never even looked at our blog, so, I am being truthful when I say he is doing a great job. He is very attentive, helpful, and very much in love with the new girl in his life.

8 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

ok, she is sooooooo beautiful!!! I love the laundry basket idea- I may steal that one if we ever need it. Sounds like you are getting the hang of things just great. Thanks for posting some pics because I have been wondering what this little one has been up to.

Ashley said...

She is so adorable. I love the picture of Evan and Andy.

The list of "Things of I thought I'd never do" only grows longer and longer as your kids get older.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Holy Cow!!! I could totally copy your list and make it mind, except I would replace cat with dog and Andy with Troy. It's amazing how things change. I'm so glad you are loving being parents. There are hard times, but it is so worth it.

emH said...

Yeah, about that never going to buy pink statement...
Sweet sweet little girl. How'd you guys manage the cute gene monopoly!? She is really beautiful.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Shawn, I am so happy to see that Evan likes the laundry basket. And as I guessed, the cats like it too. She is so beautiful. I love the last picture of Andy with Evan. what a proud daddy.

Ambrosia said...

Oh my yumminess. The laundry basket idea is a very clever! That picture of Evan and Andy is fantastic--so cute. She is too delicious for words.

Julie Tegeder said...

ooh I love the laundry basket idea. Lovi is still using the pack and play that I was planning on using for this baby but I think the laundry basket will work great until I can get Lovi into a regular bed.
She's super cute!