Friday, December 31, 2010

The Fall & Demise of 2010


Our fall season was just as busy as our summer, here are some favorite moments from our fall and winter of 2010.

I got certified to be a yoga instructor and a good friend painted my car in honor of my first class.

Spent a weekend up at the family cabin near Brighton. Always a great way to reconnect with family and nature.





While in Salt Lake, we went to the State Fair. Always an interesting time...




When you are an only child your parents can "pony-up" the $4 to ride a pony for 2 minutes. It made quite an impression and horses and ponies from here on out will be named Soda by Evan in honor of her fair friend.

I've long since begun the outdoors indoctrination of my child. We stopped by Bridal Veil Falls, just 15 min. from our house one day as we were out & about. Unfortunately when we got home and I asked her to tell here Papa what we did she excitedly replied, "We went to Target!"


Andy is quite the handyman and built Evy a giant playhouse, complete with a multi-faceted rock climbing wall, trap door, curly slide and second story. We did get it finished, but completion pictures will have to wait until Spring of 2011.


He also built me some garden boxes in our side yard and installed a sprinkler system. Lo and behold the seeds grew and we had quite an abundant harvest. Evy loved to go outside and see what we could pick and eat.




Evan seemed to grow as fast as a zucchini plant (at least in her independence).



Andy and I had a much needed getaway to the Channel Islands off of LA. It was a diving, camping and cheap motel trip. We had a great time. I hope to go back someday.







Channel island fox, an endangered, indigenous species


We saw several HUGE pods of dolphin and two blue whales! Crazy-cool amazing experience!



We've been on quite a few dives (over 50? can't remember) but this was the first one where we had to wear neoprene hoods. The water was sooooo cold. And yes, that guy behind me was puking, just in case you wanted to know.


Rockin' the wetsuit always makes me feel good about myself.
Can't imagine why there isn't a SI Wetsuit edition...


Underwater self-port, not easy to do. The dives were super cool and cold. Some folks actually opted out of their last dive because they were so cold...in fact most people did...but Andy and I are crazy, we have a reputation to uphold, so we did it. Burrrrrrrr. I'm still shivering.


An adventure in parenting, in fact, a highlight of my mothering abilities. Evy wanted to spin in the office chair. This is proof that sometimes adults know better than children...I say sometimes because obviously I got carried away with her "more, more!" And secondarily you might be asking yourself what kind of mother (1) makes her kid puke and (2) takes a picture of it...well, I guess now you know. (For the record, no one and nothing was permanently damaged from this incident)

The previous picture looked more Halloween-ish, but we decided to go with Bo Peep instead.



The End


2 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Can't wait to be your neighbor again so I can send my kids over to play in Evan's playhouse all day. Beautiful pictures. Loved reading through your year.

Ashley said...

The puke from the spinning chair is hilarious!